Iscoed Chambers boasts a number of highly regarded employment law experts including a fee paid employment law Judge and practitioners ranked as ‘tier 1’ employment law barristers in the Legal 500 legal directory.
Iscoed Chambers’ practitioners recognise employment law as an important, broad and complex area of the law which requires barristers to have a balanced mixture of: excellent academic abilities in order to know and argue the law, pragmatic minds to think of ways to resolve disputes in a cost effective manner and robust advocacy skills to present their clients’ cases in the most persuasive way possible.
Team members have experience representing employers, employees and trade unions in Employment Tribunals, County Courts, the Employment Appeal Tribunal and the High Court in a broad range of employment law related matters.
Our practitioners provide a full range of drafting and written advice services. Team members will prepare and deliver bespoke employment law and HR training upon request.
Areas of expertise include:
- Unfair dismissal
- ‘TUPE’ transfers
- Protective awards
- Equal pay
- Unlawful deductions of wages
- Working Time Regulations 1998
- Automatically unfair dismissals due to trade union membership and/or protected disclosures
- Applications for interim relief
- Breach of contract claims
- Wrongful dismissal
- Restrictive covenants in employment contracts
- Appeals before the Employment Appeal Tribunal